Memoirs of a Fish


I had decided that I wanted to leave Greenbelt for pastures new. I had heard that there was a place called London, and that this was where dreams were made. Much to my dismay, I was unfortunately greeted by a ferocious dinosaur whilst strolling down South Bank. Thankfully a beautiful prawn saved me. She was the most beautiful prawn I had ever seen. I wanted to show my gratitude and we thus went for a drink of fine ale at Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese.  We went for a walk over tower bridge and it was then that I realised that I was falling in love. I stared into her eyes which were deep like the ocean and I told her how I felt. My gills met her beautiful prawn whiskers and we shared a tender kiss. She said she felt the same but that we couldn't be together because her family would not allow her to be with a fish. I was destroyed and jumped on the back of a monkey and wailed; 'take me to Hull'.